Skip navigation
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://repository.iitr.ac.in/handle/123456789/10788
Full metadata record
DC FieldValueLanguage
dc.contributor.authorKumar S.-
dc.contributor.authorSingh I.V.-
dc.contributor.authorMishra, B. K.-
dc.date.accessioned2020-10-15T12:12:10Z-
dc.date.available2020-10-15T12:12:10Z-
dc.date.issued2015-
dc.identifier.citationComputers and Structures (2015), 150(): 1-22-
dc.identifier.issn457949-
dc.identifier.urihttps://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruc.2014.12.008-
dc.identifier.urihttp://repository.iitr.ac.in/handle/123456789/10788-
dc.description.abstractIn this work, a homogenized XFEM approach has been proposed to evaluate the fatigue life of an edge crack plate in the presence of discontinuities (holes, inclusions and minor cracks). In this approach, the central 20% region of the plate is discretized by fine-mesh whereas remaining 80% region is discretized by coarse mesh. In case of holes and inclusion, the 80% continuum region of the plate has been modeled with homogeneous material properties. Special transition elements are developed to maintain the displacement continuity at the junction nodes. Several problems containing discontinuities in 20% region are solved by the proposed approach. © 2014 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.-
dc.language.isoen_US-
dc.publisherElsevier Ltd-
dc.relation.ispartofComputers and Structures-
dc.subjectCPU time-
dc.subjectDiscontinuities-
dc.subjectEdge crack plate-
dc.subjectFatigue life-
dc.subjectHomogenized XFEM-
dc.subjectLocal mesh refinement-
dc.titleA homogenized XFEM approach to simulate fatigue crack growth problems-
dc.typeArticle-
dc.scopusid57202477297-
dc.scopusid55496646600-
dc.scopusid55578538300-
dc.affiliationKumar, S., Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India-
dc.affiliationSingh, I.V., Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India-
dc.affiliationMishra, B.K., Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India-
dc.description.correspondingauthorSingh, I.V.; Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology RoorkeeIndia-
Appears in Collections:Journal Publications [ME]

Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Show simple item record


Items in Repository are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.